Saturday 1 February 2014

Just Plain Fun

Today I slept in. Then I rolled out of bed, skipped lunch (that's right, lunch), ignored my schedule, and hopped straight on the computer to do a little gaming with my husband.. just 'cos.  Hours went by and when we finally emerged I realised it was now too late for any of my plans.  Today I was supposed to wash the quilts and take the kids fishing, among other things.  I didn't even have the things I needed for dinner!  I felt the weight of defeat.

How did this happen?  Why didn't I follow the plan?  Well, because I was tired.  Probably from all my plans about making plans and planning to stick to said plans. Ugh.

I gotta say - it was so nice to sleep in!  It was awesome to sit down and do something normal and effortless with my husband.  And the kids?  Well, they played.  Not always fairly, friendly or quietly... but individually and together; sometimes with toys and sometimes with nothing but air. 

Without a plan.

So, I don't feel bad about today.  I loved seeing the kids make their own fun, by themselves, without anything or anyone new around.  I loved just hanging at home with my family, doing our own thing. I am reminded that without days like this, I won't have the energy for those other days of excitement and adventure.  Today was just plain fun.  Sure, the quilts aren't done.. but big whoop.  They aren't going to disintegrate before tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment